Today I focused on designing my application’s main screen. It’s going to be different than in my windows phone project. My previous app’s landing screen was in a form of a dashboard with tiles:
Since I’m now able to calculate sunrise and sunset hours without going online, I came up with this prototype:
I like the idea, because user gets what he (probably) wants right after launching the app :) I used weather icons from here.
I’ll explain now in details what I want to achieve with this project.
- This is current local time for current location.
- The name of current location. Tapping on a location name navigates to detailed info page. Here you can change the name, choose location’s picture and set up reminders.
- Indicates there is a reminder set up for current location.
- Morning blue hour time.
- Sunrise time.
- Morning golden hour time.
- Evening golden hour time.
- Sunset time.
- Evening blue hour time.
- Current date. Swiping left / right changes current date allowing apps’ user for example to check magic hours time for next Friday.
- Weather forecast. This could be useful, my old windows phone project didn’t have this feature.
- Creating new location. This will navigate user to a page where she or he will be able to find a place on a map or by entering latitude and longitude. New location will be saved in app’s local settings. This is especially handy when you’re preparing yourself for a journey and want to plan in advance at what time it’s best to visit certain landmarks.
- A switch allowing to hide / show user’s saved locations. Tapping on a location will make it current location displaying it’s name, weather and magic hours time on the main screen.
So much to do, so little time :)